TLILIC2001A Licence to operate a forklift truck & RIIHAN201D Operate a forklift

You need a high risk work licence if you want to operate a forklift in Australia.

There are two classes of forklift licences. They are for:

  1. A forklift truck equipped with a mast and an elevating load carriage with a pair of fork arms or other attachment (class LF)
  2. An order picking forklift truck where the operator’s control elevates with the load carriage/lifting media (class LO)

If a telehandler is fitted with forks or a bucket, a high risk work licence is not required. However, the business (or employer or other PCBU) has a duty of care to ensure workers have appropriate training in operating the telehandler.

High risk work licence training and assessment evidence

When a participant/student/trainee has achieved competency for these units they are then able to make an application for these High Risk Work (HRW) licence classes. High Risk Licenses are issued by the regulatory body in the State or Territory in which the high risk licence was gained e.g. Workplace Health and Safety Queensland or WorkCover New South Wales.

All Day/Night courses run constantly throughout the month. Contact us today to find the next available course.