Operate Elevated Work Platform Course Information
On the Job Training (RTO 70023)
RIIHAN301E – Operate Elevated Work Platfrom
This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to operate elevated work platforms (with boom lengths less than 11 metres) & scissor lifts, and involves the operation of a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device or any combination of these used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated to perform work.
RIIHAN301E - Operate Elevated Work Platform
Our RIIHAN301E training course covers the operation of a boom-type elevating work platform under 11m and scissor lift.
The boom and scissor lift training units describe a participant’s skill and knowledge required to operate an elevating work platform in a variety of industries. The units are appropriate for those working in operational roles.
Evidence is required to be collected that demonstrates a candidate’s competency in the applicable units. Evidence must be relevant to the roles within this sector’s work operations and satisfy all of the requirements of the performance criteria of this unit and include evidence that the candidate:
- locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of operating elevating work platforms
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete the operation of elevating work platforms that meet all of the required outcomes
- demonstrates completion of operating elevating work platforms that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion
- WH&S and legislative obligations
- Identify work requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Plan and prepare for operating an elevating work platform
- Conduct work activities from elevating work platform
- Carry out operation maintenance
- Clean up work area